February 28, 2014

An Interview With Daydream in Blue

This is Tom from Daydream in Blue.

He's my fave blogging and adventure boy pal.
We met at a Nuffnang event back at Christmas and have since set forth on delightful dalliances together at markets, cookery schools and cafes, slurping on flat whites and discussing all things blogging and digital.
That's the best thing about the blogosphere, all the people you get to meet. You meet the odd tit but generally, the possibility for friendship is infinite so if I could give you one reason why you ought to start a blog (apart from sharing) it would be to meet new people, like my pal Thomas here.

Where are you from and why do you love where you live?
I've lived in London my entire life and I have absolutely no problem constantly letting people know that it's the best place on Earth. There's a non-stop rush of new things to do, new people to meet, new places to explore... if you become bored in London you've either seen it all (unlikely) or you're doing it wrong. 

To me, London is home, London is friends and family, London is excitement and opportunity and life. I have very little urge to move anywhere else and feel totally blessed that the place I call home is one of the most diverse and busy cities in the world. 
Why and when did you start blogging?
I started blogging back in September 2012. I'd finished school by then and was embarking on a gap year before attending Gloucestershire Uni to study Psychology. There was something about blogging that had always interested me but I'd never been able to find the right niche, courage or time to give it a proper go. I loved the idea of having my own little online magazine where I'd be able to publish whatever I wanted and have people actually read it. The process was slow but eventually I gained a bit of a following; I'll never forget the excitement I felt at the beginning knowing that real life people (a.k.a. not my parents, friends or teachers) were reading something I'd written... it astounds me even now! 

Starting my blog turned out to be one of the greatest decisions of my life so far as it has opened so many doors, I've gained a growing bunch of lovely new friends and it's taking me in directions I never thought possible. Finally finding a pastime that I absolutely loved and wanted to pursue gave me the courage to say "No, actually, I won't go to uni", which is something I'd struggled to put into words for three years. 
Describe your blog in three words
Laid-back, refreshing, inspiring
How did we meet? 
I first met Sally very briefly at an event in December last year. I don't know exactly what it was, but in some way I felt drawn to her* and I was over the moon when we began emailing and eventually met up again for a fun morning at Borough Market a couple of weeks ago. Spending time with Sally is like spending time with someone I've known for years and, what with the majority of my friends running off to uni and meeting new friends of their own, I'm really happy to have Sally to add to my little collection of London buddies. 

*not in, like, a creepy way, just in a "I want to be your friend" kind of way...


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig